Monday, July 30, 2012

Pancake Fun

I NEVER, EVER leave the house without a good breakfast under my belt.  It was a habit I had to get into.  It wasn't easy and some mornings start early, but it is so worth it.  Breakfast will make or break my day.  You better believe my family isn't allowed to walk out the door without it either.

We love pancakes and I LOVE to experiment with them.  I have a base recipe that I use, but I will play around with different fruits and stuff to switch things up.  My sweet boys are always so good about trying my experiments even when they turn out funky colors (like the raspberry lemon pancakes I made, delicious, but funky).

Pancakes


1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 C Oats
2 Tbls Ground Flax
1 Tbls Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs
2 C Low Fat Milk (sometimes the amount varies, I always start with 1 & 1/2 then add more if needed)

*You can top them with whatever you'd like.  I use a little bit of agave and what ever fruit I put in them.

Extras

Peanut Butter Banana:

1/4 C Peanut Butter (heaping)
1 Banana pureed or mashed
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla


Raspberry Lemon:

1/2 C Pureed Raspberries
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
3/4 Tsp Almond Extract
2 Tbls Sugar
Yes, these come out a fantastically, awesome blue, not sure why, but they are delicious!

Strawberry Orange:

1/2 C Pureed Strawberries
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
3 Tbls Almonds
3/4 Tsp Almond Extract

Apple Pancakes:

1 green apple with peel; Grated
1 Tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Vanilla

There are so many different, fun variations to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment