Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Deep breaths. . .

Please bare with me, I need a minute to vent. . .

I went with Zack (my nine year old), on a school field trip.  I love going on the field trips and watching him with all his friends, it's so cute.  I usually second guess my decision to ride the big, yellow bus with them by the time the day is done, but what do ya do, right?

My irritations come from lunch.  When we sat down to eat I was floored.  These kids had cinnamon rolls and other pastry items instead of sandwiches, with candy and chips.  To top it all off, they had big, 16 oz bottles of Coke and Dr. Pepper. . . what the. . . are you kidding me?  It's a bunch of 8 and 9 year old kids, why is that okay?  Needless to say after lunch, the kids were all over the place, bouncing off the walls.  How do we expect our kids to learn anything when their insides are a shaky, jittery mess.  And our poor teachers, that's just not even fair, really it's just rude.

I was watching Dr. Oz the other day, research that he has been a part of, is showing that if we don't change what we are feeding our kids, by the time they are our age, 85% of them will be, not just overweight, but obese.  Don't know about you, but it doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

2 comments:

  1. That IS jaw dropping! I would be really mad if my children's school was giving them caffine! Are you going to say something to the school about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school wasn't giving the kids caffine, it was packed in the home lunches! The PARENTS are sending their kids with caffine!!!

    ReplyDelete