Saturday, May 1, 2010

Making Pizza Healthy

Pizza is a favorite at our house, so I had to figure out how to make it healthy and tasty enough that my boys would actually eat it.  Thank you Runner's World.

Caramelized Onion & Fig Pizza

Pizza dough for one pizza
1 Tbls olive oil
2 yellow onions, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbls brown sugar
1 Tbls balsamic vinegar
1 C arugla leaves, packed (I use spinach)
6 dried figs, sliced
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled

Roll out dough to fit baking pan.  Preheat oven to 450.  Heat oil and saute onions with salt until brown.  Add sugar and balsamic vinegar.  Cook for 10 min.  Spread onion mixture over dough, leaving an edge for the crust.  Top with arugla (or spinach, I can't find arugla in my grocery stores), figs, and crumbled cheese. Place in oven for 15 minutes or until crust is golden.  Remove from oven and drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.  Slice into sixths and serve.

Calories: 190, Carbs: 24g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 9g

No comments:

Post a Comment