Friday, September 3, 2010

Wasatch Crest Trail

I woke up Thursday morning dreading my run.  In training for the St. George Marathon I have run the same streets more times than I can possibly count.  My text to Jon that morning was:   "So. . . do I need to run today or is there a chance that u will take me on a mountain run tomorrow?"  Of course he said yes, he loves me like that.  He was giving me options of where I might want to go and started talking about Wasatch Crest.  He tells me "It's not the most difficult trail, but you will love it.  It's so pretty.  We can get you about 10 miles out of it."

Really!?!?!

Long story short, we decided that you don't truly KNOW a trail until you have gone out and back.  He had only ever ridden the trail one way before today.  It was a whole new adventure.  It ended up being 12.5 incredibly challenging miles.  Usually, when you start a trail run it's all up hill and you get to come down at the end.  Not today, Zurg!  The END was all uphill.  It was a great way to finish off 12 miles.  St. George has nothin on what I did today!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you ate all that food with me on Thursday! ;) That was yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete